Tools and Resources
- Are you a motivated, hard-working individual with good perseverance who is interested in being a part of a world leading biorefinery programme?
- Do you have basic handling and laboratory skills that you're eager to put to good use?
- We need you to assist us with a variety of tasks including processing, extrusion and handling of biomass in our world-leading facilities
- This is a full-time permanent position within the Scion Biopolymer and Chemicals team
Scion specialises in research, science and technology development for the forestry industry, wood products and wood-derived materials. We lead new technology development for renewables, bio products and energy and the establishment of a broader based bio-economy.
We want someone who is practical, innovative, self-motivated, enjoys getting their hands dirty and is quick to learn new technical skills. To be considered for this role you will need to have:
- Basic handling and laboratory skills
- Capability for heavier/dirty manual work
- A full clean driver's license with the ability to drive a manual vehicle
- Capability to obtain or have a forklift license
- Excellent oral communications skills
- Competence in using the entire MS office suite, particularly Word and Excel
- An ability to work and communicate with a range colleagues to get the job done
- Excellent time management
Scion is home to creative science minds and a vibrant culture ensuring employees can pursue innovation and excellence in their science delivery. With our head office based on the edge of Rotorua's world famous Whakarewarewa Forest, we also offers an enviable working environment with excellent work/life balance initiatives. Rotorua is one of New Zealand's leading tourist destinations owing to its outstanding natural environment and proximity to coastal beaches and inland lakes, native forests, geothermal areas and volcanic ski-fields.
Scion is proud to offer:
- A stimulating research environment aimed at replacing oil derived products with environmentally friendly natural alternatives
- Cutting-edge research developing new functionalised chemicals, polymers, fibres and composites derived from bio-based materials and renewable resources
- An enviable work environment and a demonstrated commitment to Good Employer/ EEO principles.